Willett Lodge is registered with the Care Quality Commission (CQC) as a Nursing home for people aged 65 or over. We specialise in Dementia but also have residents who do not have Dementia but have only nursing needs.
A few comments from the Inspector on our last inspection (as in our report);
– The atmosphere throughout the visit was good. It was calm, friendly and homely. Staff were observed to have a good relationship with the people living there. When talking to people, staff were friendly and professional. They spoke clearly to ensure they were understood and listened carefully to make sure they knew what was expected of them.
– Care staff we spoke with demonstrated a good understanding of the needs of people. We talked to them about the level of care required by four identified people. They told us what was expected of them to ensure their needs had been met.
– Staff we spoke with demonstrated a good understanding about safeguarding vulnerable people from abuse. They were able to talk about the different types of abuse they might witness and the possible signs to look for if someone is being abused.
– People who have used the service have been protected from the risk of abuse. This is because the provider had taken reasonable steps to identify the possibility of abuse and to prevent it from happening.
– There were enough qualified, skilled and experienced staff to meet people’s needs.
– During the course of visit we noted relatives approach the manager to speak to her about something. We observed the manager was open and professional in her discussions with relatives.